Why Early Christmas Decorating Makes You Happy
If you love the holidays, then you know that one of the best parts is getting your house ready for visitors. However, you probably also know that putting up Christmas tree decorations can be a bit of a chore.
For some, the holidays can be stressful and build anxiety. This is such a busy time of year with shopping, cooking, cleaning and entertaining. And the majority of your time is spent indoors, which can make you feel cooped up.
But what if we told you that decorating early for Christmas could actually make you happier?
Decorating your home for the holidays is a great way to combat the winter blues and beat the holiday stress. Decorating early can help you ease into the season and avoid the rush of last-minute holiday preparation.
Not only does decorating early make your home more festive, but it also has been proven to boost your mental well-being. Decorating early for Christmas can actually make you happier, increase energy, reduce stress and create a sense of social connectedness.
If you're looking for the best place to buy your decorations, choose Merry & Bright! We offer a wide range of high-quality Christmas decorations in Australia, from traditional to contemporary. Our Christmas tree ornaments are handcrafted and designed to last for years. So, start your holiday decorating early this year, and let the happiness begin!
Does Decorating Early Make You Happier?
Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year for many of us. It's that sense of happiness, warmth and nostalgia when the jingle bells start ringing. And the idea of putting up a Christmas tree, ornaments and lights can fill anyone with excitement.
But how does decorating make you happy?
- Bright lights and colours—it has been proven to elevate your mood. According to research published in the Journal of Environmental Psychology, early Christmas decoration enthusiasts are more likely to feel warm and fuzzy. So it's not just the act of decorating that makes you happy but also the colours and lights associated with it.
- Christmas brings a nostalgic factor—Christmas decorations can also trigger feelings of nostalgia. This is because Christmas tree decorations are often associated with childhood memories. Seeing these decorations can transport you back to a simpler time when you didn't have to worry about work or life's stresses. And this sense of nostalgia can boost your mood and make you feel happy.
- It creates a sense of social connectedness—Christmas is a time when family and friends come together. And decorating your home for the holidays is a great way to show your loved ones how much you care. It also creates a sense of social connectedness as you work together towards a common goal.
- Decorating itself is therapeutic—It allows you to be creative and tangibly express your holiday cheer. Plus, seeing your home decked out in Christmas decorations is a visual reminder of the joy and happiness the holiday season brings.
How Does Christmas Make People Happy?
Christmas is a special time to look back at happy childhood memories of the holidays. A season that is one-of-a-kind and highly appreciated by both children and adults. Families, friends, school kids and even the workplace gather every year to create wonderful Christmas traditions.
Christmas carols, activity scenes, exchanging gifts, Christmas cards, stockings and mistletoes are a few things that bring happiness to people during the season. The decorations, lights and colours create an ambience of happiness, joy and love. All these great Christmas activities make people happy because it is a time to come together and celebrate.
Here are more reasons why Christmas make people happy:
- People can’t resist the scents and sounds of the holidays—The smells of fir trees, gingerbread cookies and cinnamon sticks evoke feelings of happiness and warmth. And the sound of Christmas carols can instantly put people in a good mood.
- Christmas is a time for traditions—For many people, Christmas is a time to celebrate long standing family traditions. These traditions can range from decorating the Christmas tree to baking cookies or attending church. Whatever the practice is, it's a unique way to bond with loved ones and create lasting memories.
- Christmas makes people give back to their loved ones by spending money on gifts—People are happier when they spend money on others rather than themselves. So, during the holidays when you're buying gifts for your loved ones, you're also making yourself happy.
- People enjoy any Christmas stories—It has been proven that people enjoy hearing or reading Christmas stories, even if they don't believe in them. This is because these stories evoke feelings of happiness and nostalgia.
Planning for early Christmas decorations should not stress you out. You can shop ahead of time to avoid the holiday rush. If you have everything you exactly need and want for your Christmas tree decoration, it will be a happy feeling to anticipate the putting up of your tree. Finding the right decorations and gifts can be difficult and will take longer than you think. This is especially true if you are looking for unique or one-of-a-kind items.
Shop at Merry & Bright
You can start shopping early at Merry & Bright! We have the perfect Christmas decorations that will transform your home into a wonderland. We also have a wide range of unique gifts that will put a smile on anyone's face.
So what are you waiting for? Call us and get started on your Christmas shopping today!